Informatics Europe (www.informatics-europe.org) is a non-profit association of Informatics departments and research labs in Europe. The organization’s mission is to foster the development of research and education in Informatics. It represents the academic and research community in Informatics in Europe. Bringing together university departments and research laboratories, it creates a strong common voice to safeguard and shape quality research and education in Informatics in Europe. With around 140 member institutions across 31 countries, Informatics Europe promotes common positions and acts on common priorities. To join our team in Zurich, we are recruiting a
Communication and Administration Specialist (50%)
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, independent, hands-on, diligent and resourceful individual with knowledge/previous experience in administration and communication in an international setting who will play a central role in two key domains of our organization’s work:
- Membership: membership management and control – process annual dues renewals and new membership requests, issue invoices, control payments, liaison with member representatives, maintain and update contact lists. Update and grow list of potential new member institutions. Support membership drive initiatives.
- Office: support meetings organization (Board, the annual European Computer Science Summit, others). Posting reports, documents, shopping office supplies. Work closely with the Executive Director in the operations/activities of the organization and help to keep processes on track and moving forward.
- Working Groups and other activities: support the work of the different groups which includes creating and organizing documents, emailing, coordinating actions involving people from across Europe.
The goals are to provide high-quality administration to the organization and highly professional communication and interface with members and potential members.
- News: write and distribute a member’s newsletter, press-releases about key outcomes, website news.
- Social media: presence and content development and management (Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Advertise: improve visibility of services and actions (e.g. Job Platform, Awards, events) and be info point for questions, requests.
- Edition: update and distribute reports, articles, booklets, flyers, ppt presentations.
The goals are to develop a strategy (short and long term) to improve the organization’s visibility and communication to all relevant stakeholders (members, ICT academic community, government bodies, police makers, etc) and expand the organization’s communication channels (social media, website, mailing, etc).
Candidates must have outstanding communication skills in English, be proactive, creative, have the ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks efficiently, excellent judgment; comfortable juggling tasks from the mundane to the more strategic and must enjoy working independently without constant supervision.
Desired skills and experience:
- University degree (BSc/BA/BEng or MSc/MA/MEng)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in administration/communications in academic research organizations or European/International organizations.
- Experience in international communications (Marketing communications, Public Relations, Branding).
- Experience in social media presence development and management.
- Proven mastery of office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the web, Google Drive, Google Docs/Sheets. Knowledge of CMS is a plus.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, detail-orientation, and ability to handle efficiently multiple priorities.
- Fluency in German and working knowledge of other European languages are a plus.
Applicants must be holders of a valid working (B) or settlement (C) permit or be Swiss nationals. The contract is initially for two years with perspective of extension, or becoming permanent. We offer flexible working time and place arrangements, room to bring your own ideas and working in an open minded international environment.
Applications including a motivation letter and CV and links to or samples of written material (in English) should be sent to Dr. Cristina Pereira, Informatics Europe Executive Director by e-mail (email@example.com) no later than 09.05.2019.
Suitable candidates will be invited for interviews end of May. Starting period June/July 2019.